Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cupcakes

I was asked by my mother-in-law to make 4 dozen cupcakes for her neighbors.  I was more then happy to do it for her! I love baking on other peoples dimes! haha. I have never had to transport cupcakes before so I called a local supplier and asked how much it would be for cupcake boxes that would hold a half dozen.  It was going to be over $5 per box!  I figured there has got to be a cheaper way to do this! So at Superstore I found muffin tins that hold 6 each. At the dollar store I was able to find a bunch of fun festive boxes that fit the little tins exactly!  I had to bring a tin in the store with me, there were so many different sized boxes, so I tested all of them before I bought them. Doing it this way cost $2.80 per box!

Cute boxes and tins.


Chocolate Candy Cane cupcakes
Filled with Chocolate Ganache


French Vanilla Eggnog Cupcakes
 Filled with Chocolate Eggnog Ganache

What 7 lucky people get to open up tomorrow! 
(I made 6 just for my Mother-in-law with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache filling)


They turned out really good and I hope all the friends and neighbors who get them will enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...