Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pancakes Please!!!

On night's when my husband stays at work for supper (youth nights), supper tends to be kids choice. Tonight N asked for pancakes.  They hadn't eaten really well so far today so I said we would have some fun with it and they would get colored pancakes and pick their colors.  For the kids it's a fun supper, and for me I kind of hoped that they would want to eat one of every color therefore eating a bit more for supper. 

Normal "just add water" pancake mix I divided and added food coloring to.

 
 We made green, blue and pink pancakes

and some with chocolate chips...of course!!

I made myself a leftovers pancake, and swirled!

Looks Yummy!!

N is a just syrup kinda kid

Whereas J needs to have a bit of everything on the table!

Crosscut of my pancake. Looks kinda cool I think. 

The kids loved it and thought it was fun.  N has requested that this be our lunch in "two sleeps", why that long I'm not really sure.  My theory worked out! N had 4 pancakes! J had 2 and even baby girl ate a whole one! I would say that supper was a big success!!!




1 comment:

  1. What a fun treat! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now!

    -sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...