Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Simple Solutions



 The house we are currently renting is an older home and as with any older home there is uneven floors and walls.  Our bedroom door as well as baby girls room door have two "setting" either shut tight or wide open.



And so my husbands dress shoes were recruited as door stops. Which was good for a while, but when your are trying to make a quick getaway from a grumpy, half sleeping child, having to quickly position said shoe dose not help.

So here is my Simple Solution to this problem.  I will apologize in advance, I have no measurements for this project at all.  I tend not to measure things...oops!



 1. Cut a rectangular piece or fabric.  I used fleece because it would slide quietly on our hard floors.
2. Sew the short sides together to create a tube.
3. Sew to lines down the length of the tube.  The middle space should be the width of the door it will go under.
4. Sew up one end creating three pockets. I realized my was too big so I cut it in half, which worked out well because I wanted to make two anyways.



5. I don't have a funnel that works well with rice so I just stapled a piece of paper together and it worked really well.
6. I found to fill it on your own with little mess it was best to insert funnel into the pocket and then hold it up on the table.
7. Then pour your rice into the funnel or whatever other weight you want to use. I used about a cup.
8. Then lift the funnel and fabric up together and it all slides right in! Pin the top closed when its full.



9. Leave the middle pocket empty. Fill the last pocket with cotton batting or fabric scraps.  The first one I made I had rice in both sides but when I tried to close the door the rice was to heavy to make it over the metal runner under the door.
10. Pin the final pocket closed
11. Sew it all together.
12. Not the prettiest little thing but its Finished!

 Have the pocket with the rice on the inside of the room to catch the weight of the door and the batting stuffed pocket will keep it snug on the door so it stays with the door sliding both ways.


I am still new to the blogging world and even newer to creating tutorials.  So I really hope it all makes sense. I have been working on a few things lately and hope to get them up on here soon.

Have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...